Williamstown at Sunset
Time & Location
About The Event
Meet me at the entry of Gem Pier to discover Williamstown at night while capturing the breathtaking views from its waterfront across the bay of Melbourne. This workshop is for beginners who would like to learn the basics of their digital camera. Are you still using automatic settings? Then this workshop is for you!
Students discover how digital cameras work and how to control their image-making while taking in the beauty of the historical town of Williamstown. This an exciting way to learn the technical skills of image-making and the proper settings for consistent results.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Transforming your artistic vision into memorable photographs
- Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO – their relationship to one another and how to change them for exposure control
- Metering and getting a correct exposure
- Creative depth-of-field effects using aperture control
- White balance and creative colouration
- Creating perspective, depth, and a sense of “being there” in your photos
- Creating powerful compositions with impact
- Composing to control your viewer’s attention in your photos
- Composition: balance, tension, and visual flow
- How to use filters to capture dramatic light or create long-exposure effects
Don’t put your camera away just because the sun has set. With today’s digital cameras, taking photographs at night is easier than ever and a lot of fun.
Photographing Melbourne's urban landscapes is particularly fun at night. When it gets dark, cities provide their own light source. Melbourne is a highly photogenic city to photograph at night, with a classic skyline of glass and metal high-rises and an interweaving maze of freeways, overpasses and bridges. We will capture all of this across the bay at Williamstown.
Night photography really begins about 20 minutes after sunset, during the “blue hour.” During this phase of twilight, the ambient light in the sky begins to balance in brightness with the lights from the city. This is when the colour and brilliance of Melbourne’s lights really start to shine. Additionally, the sky takes on a very picturesque blue tone during this phase, even when it’s cloudy. As the night sets in the colour of the sky at Williamstown will become a dramatic pink
- Williamstown at Sunset$75$750$0