Marysville and the Falls
Time & Location
About The Event
I will do the driving!
Join Jacqui B Photography in photographing glorious Marysville and the surrounding scenery. Let me do the driving for you. We will make our way through beautiful Healesville and the Black Spur on our way to Marysville and Steavenson Falls
Jacqui will share her techniques for capturing images in challenging lighting conditions. You will learn how she photographs both countryside and waterfalls with limited light. She will show you how she creates those rich landscapes and dreamy waterfall images.
For this workshop, a tripod is essential. It is simply impossible to handhold the camera steady enough to achieve sharp pictures with the long exposures typically required. Tripods serve another useful purpose. They allow you to carefully study the composition and make minute changes. They force you to slow down and think about what you're doing, rather than just pulling out the camera and snapping away. Please let us know if you need to borrow one of ours.
Since I began shooting digitally, I regularly use two filters for waterfall photography: a circular polarizing filter or a variable neutral density filter. You can do a lot of correcting in post-processing, but it’s best to make the image as optimal as you can in the field, rather than try to correct everything in the computer.
During this workshop, there will be short hikes with a tripod to the locations where you will create your images. The walk to Steavenson Fall is quite flat but still wear your walking shoes.
After lunch, we will visit Bruno's Art and Sculpture Garden. These gardens will amaze you. Discover the unique artworks of sculptor and painter Bruno Torfs. Make sure you charge up your camera and bring extra SD cards with you. On my first visit here I took over 400 RAW images and powered through my memory cards.
This will be an outstanding 8-hour workshop – I hope you can join us. We will have lunch at the bakery in Marysville. Lunch is not supplied in the cost of the class. The bakery only accepts cash, so you will need to have a little on you to get some yummy treats for yourself.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before ordering
Terms & Conditions
What You Need To Bring
- A Digital SLR
- Fully charged battery plus and extra if you have one
- A Sturdy Tripod (Please let me know if you need to borrow one)
- Warm clothes
- Walking boots or shoes (recommended)
- We do have cameras and tripods for loan if you do not have one, but want to do this workshop
- Some money for lunch or snacks
- You may wish put a set of cheap coasters in your bag to put under your tripod legs at the waterfalls.
- Not necessary, but I highly recommend you bring along a good quality ND (Neutral Density) filter.
I have been given permission to resume these classes provided that:
- it is conducted in an outdoor space
- there are no more than 10 people in the group
- the space available is suitable to accommodate groups with appropriate physical distancing
- there is no sharing of equipment between participants (unless properly sanitised after each use)
- you keep a record of the first name and contact phone number of each participant for contact tracing purposes
For more information, visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/your-coronavirus-covid-19-questions-answered
Kind regards, DHHS
- Marysville and the Falls$220$2200$0